Possible Bad Control GE GXSF27E

Users who are viewing this thread

Scottb022563

Reaction score
I am getting error code 1 on my ge softener. It is 6 years old.

I have replaced the resin, seal kit, disk rotor, switch and motor and am still getting the error. I get the error even if I run the unit in bypass mode. I also get the error even if the switch is disconnected. It always stops when it hits the BW indicator on the cam gear. Also as soon as I plug in the unit it immediately goes into regenerate now mode and I can not get it to not be in that mode.

To me it looks like the only part left that could be bad is the control unit. Any suggestions???? Much thanks in advance.

Scott

Last edited:

Scottb022563

Reaction score
Gary, thanks for the reply. I understand it is not the resin, originally I had bad resin and just passing along all the changes I made. I am just asking if it could be anything else besides the control( or circuit board) at this point. I am ready to buy the circuit board but it is $200.00. thanks again.

Scott

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I wouldn't put that much money in a GE, Sears etc.. You should look into buying a new softener with a Fleck control valve like the 2510 or 5600 SXT. You can get parts and info from many sources at reasonable prices. And your $200 is half or so of the price of a new softener bought online. And install it yourself.

Scottb022563

Reaction score
Gary, thanks for input. I am weighing the fact that I have already spent a lot of money unfortunately repairing my softener. At this point it is pretty much brand new with almost all of the prats replaced except the brain. Thanks agian.

I was able to get another control and wiring harness from another unit. I am still getting error code 01 with the new control board. So somehow I must have something together wrong to cause this issue.

I put the switch in wrong. The spacer needs to be on the top and not the bottom of the screw. I now have soft water.

Scott

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks