Portable dishwasher question

Users who are viewing this thread

skittles

Reaction score
I have a portable dishwasher and as a result my facets keep leaking due to the back pressure. I would like to know if its possible to get an under the sink attachment that I could open and close that could somehow be long enough to pull out and attach to the dishwashers adapter and leave them in the kitchen sink (for drainage). This could bypass my faucets. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
"back pressure" does not cause leaks. Faucets are designed to operate under the full pressure of the line. You have a bad seal wherever you see the leak. Repair the faucet

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Faucets are designed to operate under the full pressure of the line.

Not true. Spouts are NEVER subjected to "full pressure" when operating normally. When a dishwasher is connected, then the flow is interupted and then they get full pressure, which is not what the spout hoses and seals are designed for. There is no connection which will work the way you are asking, unless you modify the dishwasher hose and cut off the end, which would mean it could not be used the intended way again unless you replaced the hose unit.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are quite a few million portable dishwashers out there . I strongly suspect that faucet manufacturers take that into account/ Most spouts I have seen are radial o-ring seal....the same type of seal we use on 3000 PSI hydraulics and 4500 PSI air, in my 'former life'.

I think the weak spot would be the stem seal on the faucets, but these should also be "OK" He has something wrong which can be repaired, and far more easily than jury rigging something under the sink!!!!

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have had to replace (with a faucet of different design) numerous kitchen faucets with pull-out spouts, because they failed when used with a portable
dishwasher. Some faucets with pull-outs are now being made such that the dishwasher adapters cannot be installed at the outlet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I strongly suspect that faucet manufacturers take that into account/ Most spouts I have seen are radial o-ring seal....the same type of seal we use on 3000 PSI hydraulics and 4500 PSI air

Do you REALLY think faucet manufacturers worry about, or design a faucet, to handle a portable dishwasher. They do NOT consider that a "normal use" for a faucet. Did that 3,000 psi hydraulic or 4,500 psi air connect "rotate" the way a spout does or did they have 3000 and 4500 psi "clamps" around them?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks