Portable dishwasher help

Users who are viewing this thread

neili

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells
Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
Help. I just got a portable dishwasher. I had some problems hooking up the moen one touch facet to the quick connect and thought that I had it fixed. Then I bumped the faucet and the quick connect flew off. Apparently the plastic threads inside the moen faucet are not strong enough to hold the pressure when the faucet is on or are stripped out. Any ideas how to fix?

I have one idea. When I use the dishwasher, take off the pull out faucet head and hook my quick connect to the hose that pulls out from underneath the sink. Does anyone know what thread type is on the end of the moen faucet head? Then how do I adapt that thread to faucet thread that is on my quick adapter.

Find blow up of faucet at http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/67315pt.pdf

The part that I would take off and install quick connector on is #1927 spout wand kit.

Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You would need probably 2 adapters to go from the 1/2" IPS hose fitting to the DW adapter. This would be very inconvenient to do this every time, and you have the potential for a mess when the DW drains to the hose just laying in the sink. Overall, I would get a new non-pullout faucet.

neili

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells
Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
more help

I don't think that the hose has ips thread; it looks more like a much coarser thread. Does anyone know for sure? I realize that I might need to put a new faucet in, but I would like to try this first. If anyone know for sure what adapters I might need that would be very helpful. Thank you. Also where I could get the adapters would be good.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You might be right. I think they are IPS, of course they will be straight threads needing a gasket seal, just like the spout has. If they are non-standard in any way, adapters will not exist. Even if is straight pipe threads, this hook up will be problematic. ALso, it will not be to code since laying the hose in the sink will violate backflow prevention on the supply and the drain.

I am back to the basic recommendation to replace the faucet.

new2wiring

Reaction score
I am by no means an expert... but I do have a portable dishwasher. We have our regular faucet like any sink, but for the dishwasher we have a seperate water spicket dedicated to the dishwasher. It is in the place that most sinks have the pull out sprayer. It is convienent because we can run the dishwasher and also use the tap water out of the regular faucet. If you put in a seperate spicket for the dishwasher you could keep the Moen faucet you currently have. Hope that helps.

Edgirl

Reaction score
I'm interested to see how you solved this. I have the exact same faucet and the exact same problem. I live in a tiny apartment so my boyfriend has been hooking the dishwasher to the bathroom sink, which I'm less than crazy about and would much prefer to use the kitchen sink. How did this work out for you?

Rshackleford

Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
it has been so long since i fixed it that i am having trouble remembering how i did it.

i think that it was only by luck that i got it to work.

it seems to me that my dishwasher came with an adapter that would work for both inside and outside threads. i installed the inside threads and hooked up the washer. to get the quick connect to work i only got a couple of threads. the pressure caused these threads to blow out. so i went to walmart and got a sink areator nozzel. this had an inner to outer adapters. i used supper glue and glued the adapter to the inside of my moen spray head. i then used the other adpater for my quick connect and attachced it to the sink. so, by the use of an adapter and super glue i got it to work. it has been working now since shortly after i made the original post. i hope you can have the same luck i had.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Your bigger problem may be that inside the metal hose you pull out is a latex hose. It is not designed for the pressure that it would be under when the dishwasher fill valve turned off and will expand to fill the metal hose, but since that is a coiled metal material, it can also expand. Eventually the hose is going to split and flood under the sink.

sketchbreaker

Reaction score
I cannot believe how frustrating this is. I have the same exact faucet and problem with a portable washer machine. I even requested a custom peice to be made at a local plumbing shop and they could not do it. My only solution was to cut both tubes from the washing machine connector. Put the draining tube in the sink (weight it down so it doesn't squirt on your floor), and i unscrewed the faucet and stuck the metal hose into the cut tube, then i used a C clamp to tighten the tubes together. I have to do this everytime i wash clothes, extremely annoying. No heres the tricky part: i had to time how long it takes for my machine to fill with water so i can set a timer and run to the faucet before the washer stops filling with water, or the tube will shoot off the faucet and squirt everywhere. That faucet will not take the pressure. The bottom line is there is no solution nor part that will adapt to this faucet.. i rent this beach home so i cannot replace the faucet. THIS SUXS!! but atleast it somewhat works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks