Porch recess light

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Talisker, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Talisker

Talisker New Member

What is the best way to convert recessed can light to motion sensor light in front porch?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There are some add-on sensors available. Zenith, I think, still makes one (I have had one installed for years). You may need a deeper electrical box to install it under the fixture...then, there's a small cable that comes out for the sensor. Or, buy one with it built-in.
  3. bartstop

bartstop New Member

Not sure what you're asking. Are you just adding a motion detector to the can light or installing a whole new fixture?
  4. TonyBuonocore

TonyBuonocore New Member

Hi Talisker,

There is no easy way to convert a recessed can to a motion sensing light. Can you provide some pictures or more detail on what you're trying to achieve with this project? I may be able to provide some suggestions if you can give us some more detail.

Thanks!
    Tony
    President, Westway Electric Supply