Popup drain plug doesn't

Users who are viewing this thread

ToolsRMe

Reaction score
I have a American Standard "Lifetime" drain. The drain has one of those new-fangled popup drain plugs.

Mine does not popup when there is water in the tub and I have to hold the drain cap up away from the seat.

Any ideas how this can be adjusted?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
American Standard is riddled with reliability and workmanship issues. There is a thread on another site I could show you how many people get victimized by their lack of quality control.

Best advice is to get on the phone with them and ask for new parts like all the other AS owners find out the hard way.

Last two lavatory faucets I've installed were missing parts.

I took out a less than 2 year old kitchen sink faucet due to close tolerances of the trim (stem bore).

Another is a cadet toilet leaving rust stains in the bowl....not in the tank.

And by the way.....cadets are no longer being sold in my area. They offer another cadet 3 I believe and talk about a sloppy flush.

Ain't no lie that history repeats itself; flushes just like a wash-down with the extra bonus of water splashing onto the lid/seat and floor depending on the flush. :( :(

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would remove the top and look for some way to adjust it. If there is a spring in there, maybe it's shot and needs replacing.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I looked at them at HD closely and am not convinced. I think they will be here today and gone tomorrow. I would pull it out and replace it with a conventional pop up but I can't remember if that is possible. Not sure if the new rod will go through the faucet.

When something works and there is no need to redesigned it why do company's try to? Their bottom line of course and so you need them for parts. Their newer and better seems never to be.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks