Pop up sprinklers

Users who are viewing this thread

Sherriw55

Reaction score
My pop up sprinkler is not popping up...there are four on the manual system and the third one up the line has been replaced with three different sprinkler heads to no avail. I don't see a leak at the connection point...Help please. Thanks Sherriw55

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It does not take a tremendous amount of pressure to pop up the sprinklers, so either you have a supply problem, or the valve is not opening correctly, or you have a leak. If you have even one broken head or riser, that is enough to drop the pressure on the line so the rest don't pop up.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Have you taken the head off while water is being used by the other heads to see if water comes from the nipple? Maybe the line is plugged.

bob...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
A plugged line would be possible if the water source has crud in it, but highly doubtful if the water supply is clean. That is unless you had the line open so that debris could have gotten in. Debris in a line should show up in the screens in the popups too. I suspect a broken line or faulty valve.

brizzx32

Reaction score
Pop up's don't Pop Up...

I had to finally change all my Pop ups, to much crud the Cylinder, it was getting stuck on all of them. Anybody got any suggestions for this problem?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks