poor water taste from icemaker

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dj, Jul 1, 2005.

1. dj

dj New Member

Even after changing the filter for the water and icemaker, there is still a bad taste. What else can I do? Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Does it taste like something stored in the fridge? or like mildew or something? You may need to check with your refrigerator's manual or help desk to see if they have any suggestions. I'm not a pro. Do you use the icemaker on a regular basis? Can you take the storage bin out and give it a good cleaning? Try taking all of the ice out and throw it away (or use it in an ice chest for a picnic this weekend!?). Let the system refill all of the ice and see what it tastes like. Do you have cold water available from the fridge, too? Does it taste the same way?