Police shot in Lakewood WA

Discussion in 'Computers and Stuff' started by Terry, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

Our Police are properly trained to use firearms and they don't get to take them home.

Less God and more Government, that's what I say.

Or he will bust your arse by trying to steal from you and your family. Which means you need a gun. Which means he needs a gun. Which means the police need guns. Which means society here has become cowardly.
  2. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

So, being a part of society now, when are you getting a gun Ian? :D I wouldn't live in MD without one.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

OMG they almost look like some kinda paramilitary force...
    Body Armor and all those automatic weapons....
    They aren't even raiding a meth lab, they are just patrolling the street....

Good thing you're over here Ian...

The UK certainly appears to be in a rapid decline into lawlessness....:eek:
  4. Ian Gills

Not required. I own a Sawzall. Like I say, I prefer the personal touch. And most remodelling tools could provide that.

Propane torch, stanley knife, sledge hammer....the list goes on.
  5. FloridaOrange

I will agree with that Ian. I love anything that can double as a good weapon...heavy screwdriver, hammer, 1932 replica Zippo.

[​IMG]
  6. Cass

Cass Plumber

One of the best defensive weapons you can get at any big box or hardware store is a can of wasp spray...they shoot 20-25 feet and after you have sprayed their face, head, Etc. you threaten to ignite them with a lighter...if they are still standing...
  7. Ian Gills

Great, so can we all agree, even the Conservatives among us, to ban guns now?
  8. Ian, why they carry guns in Alaska....

Ian, maybe you could throw a cigaratte lighter at this big bastard..

then he will bounce your limey ass around like a basket ball.....LOL.......

King season is over, and since I had a day off before silvers start, I thought I would go for a walk! This occurred at 11:16 am this morning (Sunday), just 2/10 of a mile from my house.

ON OUR ROAD while walking my dogs (ironically trying to get in shape for hunting season!) for the record, this is in a residential area-not back in the woods . . . No bow hunting . . . No stealth occurring . . . I heard a twig snap . . . And looked back . . . Full on charge-a huge brownie, ears back, head low and motorin' full speed! Came with zero warning; no Woof, no popping of the teeth, no standing up, nothing like what you think or see on TV! It charged from less than 20 yards and was on me in about one-second! Totally surreal . . . I just started shooting in the general direction . . . And praise God that my second shot (or was it my third?) rolled him at 5 feet and he skidded to a stop 10 feet BEYOND where I was shooting from . . . I actually sidestepped him and fell over backwards on the last shot . . . And his momentum carried him to a stop past where I fired my first shot!

It was a prehistoric old boar .. . . No teeth . . . No fat . . . Weighed between 900-1000 Lbs and took five men to DRAG it onto a tilt-bed trailer! Big bear . . . Its Paw measured out at about a 9 1/2 footer!

Never-ever-thought 'it' would happen to me! It's always some other smuck . . . Right?

Well, no bull .. . . I am still high on adrenaline . . . With my gut in a knot (felt like I did 10,000 crunches without stopping)! Almost puked for an hour after . . . Had the burps and couldn't even stand up as the troopers conducted their investigation! Totally wiped me out . . . can't even put that feeling into words . . . By far the most emotion I have ever felt at once!

No doubt that God was with me, as I brought my Ruger .454 Casull (and some "hot" 350 grain solids) just for the heck of it . . . And managed to draw and snap shoot (pointed, never even aimed!) from the hip! Total luck shot!

All I can say is Praise God for my safety and for choosing to leave the wife and kids at home on this walk!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  9. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I'll tell you what Ian...

You are free not to own a gun if that is your wishes...

Just don't think about infringing on my rights to have them...
  10. Ian Gills

One day that right will be removed Redwood.

One glorious day.

Then you'll have to make do with the cold chisel like the rest of us.
  11. FloridaOrange

That's when guns will be needed the most, we will be on the verge of civil war. Taking an American's gun is like taking a bloke's fish and chips.
  12. Ian Gills

The egalitarian world view now considered politically correct makes us uneasy with the idea that one individual is better than the rest of us. But having eaten fish and chips, I can tell you that blokes are better than gun owners.

I'd take your gun, but I challenge anyone to pry my fish 'n' chips "from my cold, dead hands."
  13. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

It wasn't Mark unless he used to live in Soldatna, Alaska.
    The story has been going for a couple of years and this is supposed to be the photo of the bear and guy.

Some people question if he was out with his dogs why they didn't start barking there heads off and it was him who heard a twig snap before the bear starting charging.

Attached Files:

14. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If any of you are still interested in the Police incident, they are now finding that Clemmons is a person of interest in at least a dozen armed robberies in the last year.
    These robberies were commented by two people, so it's more then just him.
  15. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Hopefully his robbery partner doesn't wig out and start shooting cops...:eek:

I guess from what I've read a bunch of his family was helping him hide out even after he killed the cops...
    Have any of them been arrested yet?
  16. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I think he's in custody.
    What is happening, is they are starting to put more information together that is linking some unsolved cases.

People are going, "Oh that name, we've come accross that name before."
  17. cookie ...that was not me

Cookie...
    that was just an e-mail I got from one of my freinds..

wether it be a true story or just a tall tale,,,,

I will never know for sure.....

but its a big boy

and even if you just ran across this bear dead on the trail
    that . you were hikeing on....
    it would probably scare the hell out of you.....

I just thought of Ian with his billey club,
    and how well he would fare with it....

also ,, I am much better looking that that fellow
  18. Ian Gills

That would be useful information in a court of law, if the Police hadn't already killed him.

Every dad teaches his son that, to be a man, you use your fists to wrestle a bear Mark.

You should only use a weapon, like a stick, if you're out-numbered.

I almost got into a fight today. Something happened that I would never expect to happen in America although I would have expected it from the English (and definitely the Irish - even a best friend who happens to be Irish because if it ain't tied down the Irish just can't resist).

Anyway, I was loading my vehicle at the supply house and had just removed my set square to put in last, so I propped it up against a wall. It was there for some time. The next thing I see is some bloke picking it up, and trying to put it in the back of his truck! Everyone around me was amazed. I thought people had greater integrity here.

I got it back though. :)
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  19. differences between the cultures

we were never taught to fight here in the Usa like over in England... its taboo,

it seems like a cultural difference..... or maybe their are just more bullies here and only pick on people weaker and smaller than them...

I dont know..

I do know that I still got all my original teeth.
  20. Ian Gills

I wish I still had all my teeth.

You do have great dental here though. Sure makes up for the lousy plumbers!