Police shot in Lakewood WA

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I dunno what Ian's talking about, Bobbies without guns? That's long-past. Last time I was in London, most of the cops I saw were sporting smg's. Like this:

Heckler & Koch, I think?

/QUOTE]

OMG they almost look like some kinda paramilitary force...
Body Armor and all those automatic weapons....
They aren't even raiding a meth lab, they are just patrolling the street....

Good thing you're over here Ian...

The UK certainly appears to be in a rapid decline into lawlessness....:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I wouldn't live in MD without one.

Not required. I own a Sawzall. Like I say, I prefer the personal touch. And most remodelling tools could provide that.

Propane torch, stanley knife, sledge hammer....the list goes on.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I will agree with that Ian. I love anything that can double as a good weapon...heavy screwdriver, hammer, 1932 replica Zippo.

Zippo-org-1932-rep-used-box.jpg

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
One of the best defensive weapons you can get at any big box or hardware store is a can of wasp spray...they shoot 20-25 feet and after you have sprayed their face, head, Etc. you threaten to ignite them with a lighter...if they are still standing...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Great, so can we all agree, even the Conservatives among us, to ban guns now?

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Ian, why they carry guns in Alaska....

Ian, maybe you could throw a cigaratte lighter at this big bastard..

then he will bounce your limey ass around like a basket ball.....LOL.......

King season is over, and since I had a day off before silvers start, I thought I would go for a walk! This occurred at 11:16 am this morning (Sunday), just 2/10 of a mile from my house.

ON OUR ROAD while walking my dogs (ironically trying to get in shape for hunting season!) for the record, this is in a residential area-not back in the woods . . . No bow hunting . . . No stealth occurring . . . I heard a twig snap . . . And looked back . . . Full on charge-a huge brownie, ears back, head low and motorin' full speed! Came with zero warning; no Woof, no popping of the teeth, no standing up, nothing like what you think or see on TV! It charged from less than 20 yards and was on me in about one-second! Totally surreal . . . I just started shooting in the general direction . . . And praise God that my second shot (or was it my third?) rolled him at 5 feet and he skidded to a stop 10 feet BEYOND where I was shooting from . . . I actually sidestepped him and fell over backwards on the last shot . . . And his momentum carried him to a stop past where I fired my first shot!

It was a prehistoric old boar .. . . No teeth . . . No fat . . . Weighed between 900-1000 Lbs and took five men to DRAG it onto a tilt-bed trailer! Big bear . . . Its Paw measured out at about a 9 1/2 footer!

Never-ever-thought 'it' would happen to me! It's always some other smuck . . . Right?

Well, no bull .. . . I am still high on adrenaline . . . With my gut in a knot (felt like I did 10,000 crunches without stopping)! Almost puked for an hour after . . . Had the burps and couldn't even stand up as the troopers conducted their investigation! Totally wiped me out . . . can't even put that feeling into words . . . By far the most emotion I have ever felt at once!

No doubt that God was with me, as I brought my Ruger .454 Casull (and some "hot" 350 grain solids) just for the heck of it . . . And managed to draw and snap shoot (pointed, never even aimed!) from the hip! Total luck shot!

All I can say is Praise God for my safety and for choosing to leave the wife and kids at home on this walk!

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Great, so can we all agree, even the Conservatives among us, to ban guns now?

I'll tell you what Ian...

You are free not to own a gun if that is your wishes...

Just don't think about infringing on my rights to have them...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
One day that right will be removed Redwood.

One glorious day.

Then you'll have to make do with the cold chisel like the rest of us.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
One day that right will be removed Redwood.

One glorious day.

Then you'll have to make do with the cold chisel like the rest of us.

That's when guns will be needed the most, we will be on the verge of civil war. Taking an American's gun is like taking a bloke's fish and chips.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The egalitarian world view now considered politically correct makes us uneasy with the idea that one individual is better than the rest of us. But having eaten fish and chips, I can tell you that blokes are better than gun owners.

I'd take your gun, but I challenge anyone to pry my fish 'n' chips "from my cold, dead hands."

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Wow, Mark, that had to be frigtening. I can relate to that. I never had a bear chase us at our camp in the mountains but it has always been on my mind especially, when the kids were little, I made sure I kept them close. So far, they have been friendly, but it is an animal and if little ones of their's were around... is not good.

I can imagine your fear quite well. Some of those bears can be amazingly huge. We used to call my young son, Bear Bait, because he always spotted the bears first. Black bears. I once thought one was stump until, it started walking, lol. So, they can blend in quite well with the scenary.

They can be friendly but they can be scary, and God forbid if they are hungry. Glad you are alright. I only walked with my scattergun or my shotgun. And, once almost had to shoot one because of something stupid my husband tried. It was his life or my husband's but happily the bear got back down on 4's and walked away leaving my husband alone.

It wasn't Mark unless he used to live in Soldatna, Alaska.
The story has been going for a couple of years and this is supposed to be the photo of the bear and guy.

Some people question if he was out with his dogs why they didn't start barking there heads off and it was him who heard a twig snap before the bear starting charging.

Attachments

• 6a00d834520df569e20120a59362e5970c-800wi.jpg
    6a00d834520df569e20120a59362e5970c-800wi.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 356

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If any of you are still interested in the Police incident, they are now finding that Clemmons is a person of interest in at least a dozen armed robberies in the last year.
These robberies were commented by two people, so it's more then just him.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hopefully his robbery partner doesn't wig out and start shooting cops...:eek:

I guess from what I've read a bunch of his family was helping him hide out even after he killed the cops...
Have any of them been arrested yet?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hopefully his robbery partner doesn't wig out and start shooting cops...:eek:

I think he's in custody.
What is happening, is they are starting to put more information together that is linking some unsolved cases.

People are going, "Oh that name, we've come accross that name before."

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
cookie ...that was not me

Cookie...
that was just an e-mail I got from one of my freinds..

wether it be a true story or just a tall tale,,,,

I will never know for sure.....

but its a big boy

and even if you just ran across this bear dead on the trail
that . you were hikeing on....
it would probably scare the hell out of you.....

I just thought of Ian with his billey club,
and how well he would fare with it....

also ,, I am much better looking that that fellow

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
If any of you are still interested in the Police incident, they are now finding that Clemmons is a person of interest in at least a dozen armed robberies in the last year.

That would be useful information in a court of law, if the Police hadn't already killed him.

I just thought of Ian with his billey club, and how well he would fare with it....

Every dad teaches his son that, to be a man, you use your fists to wrestle a bear Mark.

You should only use a weapon, like a stick, if you're out-numbered.

I almost got into a fight today. Something happened that I would never expect to happen in America although I would have expected it from the English (and definitely the Irish - even a best friend who happens to be Irish because if it ain't tied down the Irish just can't resist).

Anyway, I was loading my vehicle at the supply house and had just removed my set square to put in last, so I propped it up against a wall. It was there for some time. The next thing I see is some bloke picking it up, and trying to put it in the back of his truck! Everyone around me was amazed. I thought people had greater integrity here.

I got it back though. :)

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
differences between the cultures

we were never taught to fight here in the Usa like over in England... its taboo,

it seems like a cultural difference..... or maybe their are just more bullies here and only pick on people weaker and smaller than them...

I dont know..

I do know that I still got all my original teeth.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I wish I still had all my teeth.

You do have great dental here though. Sure makes up for the lousy plumbers!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The egalitarian world view now considered politically correct makes us uneasy with the idea that one individual is better than the rest of us. But having eaten fish and chips, I can tell you that blokes are better than gun owners.

I'd take your gun, but I challenge anyone to pry my fish 'n' chips "from my cold, dead hands."

The problem with that scenario is that I would just squeeze a couple of rounds off and then take and eat your fish and chips...knowing you don't have a gun...

I guess you are not a student of history...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks