Police shot in Lakewood WA

Users who are viewing this thread

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Another thing I do not understand about America is that everyone thinks it's OK that:

What about innocent until proven guilty?

It all sounds like shoot first-ask questions later to me.

I'm not even American but I also think this is ok. The guy walks in to a coffee shop in front of a bunch of people and executes 4 people point blank.

I'd kill the guy too. He is clearly guilty and very dangerous and that good Police officer just saved America from that useless cull costing them a fortune in a trial(s) and jail terms.

I bullet is probably like $0.08 to the police vs $100,000's.... I'd take the 8 cents.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ian, read the whole story if possible. I know this probably does not have as much press coverage where you are as it does here in Washington State, but the person was IDed from his photos. Moreover, he approached the officer who was investigating a stolen car. When the officer recognized him, he ordered the man to "show his hand" several time. Then "suspect" began to run around the car and was reaching for a weapon which turned out to be one of the slain officer's weapon. At that point the officer had every right to shoot. The creep was given more than enough opportunities to give up. So no, it was not shoot first and ask questions later. Had the officer not taken him out, there very well could have been one more dead officer. In case you missed this tidbit, he had a bullet in his gut from one of the slain officers that would have killed him eventually. There is and was no doubt of this man's guilty. As I wrote in another answer to one of your questions, when given a lawful order by a police officer, you'd better obey. Now days failure to do so would more likely result in being shot with a Tazer or having a dog released than a 9mm bullet, but when the need arises, deadly force is a possibility.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Clemmons, an ex-convict facing a potential prison term on child-rape and assault charges, was armed with a handgun taken from one of the Lakewood officers, police said.

If anyone deserved to be shot....

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Can I just say that I am glad I do not live in the 'Wild West', that I now take to include Washington State.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Ian, I'd be willing to be the MD and surrounding area cops are much more trigger happy than Washington State. I've been through some of the hoods of Maryland and they were anything but merry.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Orange.....IAN ..

Personally, I could care less wether they had all this on video or not......

I will take the word of the police man any day over the word of a criminal with a police slug in his gut....

maybe the family of this criminal can sue the
city of Seattle for not "tazering" this fellow...instead of killing him

he was only the "alleged" shooter....and we got to worry about his civil rights.

------------------------------------------------------

Ian.....
and whats the matter with the wild west??.

I think that they should have put a bounty on this skums head of 100k, dead or alive to who ever drags his ugly carcas in first.....

we could clean up the streets a lot quicker that way..... and it would give a lot of un-employed people a job too...:D..

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
He approached the officer who was investigating a stolen car. When the officer recognized him, he ordered the man to "show his hand" several time. Then "suspect" began to run around the car and was reaching for a weapon which turned out to be one of the slain officer's weapon. At that point the officer had every right to shoot. The creep was given more than enough opportunities to give up. So no, it was not shoot first and ask questions later. Had the officer not taken him out, there very well could have been one more dead officer.

Ian, this is exactly why when stopped by police you comply with their demands.
It is for their safety as well as yours.

1 bullet is probably like $0.08 to the police vs $100,000's.... I'd take the 8 cents.

Actually the cost of a bullet is probably around 60 cents on up to a couple of bucks depending on the size and quality. In any case it was a good investment that saves the taxpayers the cost of the trial and incarceration.

Ian a question for you...
In England are the bobbies packing pistols these days or, are they still just twirling batons like a majorette. :rolleyes:

2006-11-18_Michigan_Majorette.jpg

like bringing a knife to a gunfight...
I fail to see the wisdom of thinking any criminal is going to have any respect for the law regardless of what country you are in...
The logic of that thought process completely eludes me!

04387ef2.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think it's always a good idea to have things on video.

There was an older case of a jail incident in Seattle captured on video that was released.
Sometimes things happen that shouldn't.
If things are on the up and up, video will show that.

Video does protect both sides.
There has alway been a need for the check and balance.
It extends all the way up the chain too.

That's why we have separate arms of government.

But it doesn't help many people feeling sorry for this guy, knowing he was bragging to friends that he was going to be on television soon for killing cops.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I will take the word of the police man any day over the word of a criminal with a police slug in his gut...

Funny how you mention that Mark...
A while back I was called for jury duty...
I considered it a waste of my time because I knew I would never be picked to serve on a jury...

Lets just say that my dad is a retired cop...
I knew all his buddies and was on good terms with them...
I served for 26 years on the volunteer fire department and knew many of the younger cops in town after he retired...
I was friends with a large number of them including some that were neighbors and friends from school....

In fact one day I subdued a drunk who was trashing a restaurant and had him pinned to the floor keeping him from doing anything else when the police showed up. The cop a friend of mine peeked into the room and saw that I had him under control signaled to me that he was there and just to keep doing what i was doing then ducked out of sight to avoid inflaming the drunk. When several other officers arrived for back up they came in and worked around me to get him in cuffs then finally said I could get off him.

It was pretty simple to them who the bad guy was and who wasn't without any doubt in their mind...

Serving in a case involving a drug dealer with many previous convictions who was arrested for a drive by shooting whose defense was the police set him up just wasn't going to find an impartial juror with me...

In fact he was already guilty in my mind...
And I couldn't wait to get him in that place where people would again be safe from him...

They obviously needed to find a group of people that truly either kept their head in the sand or could be inflamed by the race wild card...

I was excused after a couple of minutes....

Fortunately, I have since received some advice from a customer who was a former state police officer who is now working as a bailiff at the courthouse on what I should say if I ever am selected again for jury duty...

I would love to be selected for a trial where I may impartially weigh the evidence and determine who I believed was the most credible witness in a trial....:rolleyes:

I think the video is a great tool that will leave no doubt in anyones mind that the officer acted properly and the shooting will rapidly return the officer to duty protecting and serving the good citizens of the city...

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Look at the way your SWAT teams gang up like a bunch of scare'd'cats, hiding behind each other with guns, shields and hemets.

God, they even need kneepads!

British police do it the real way.

No helmet, face to face with a stick. It's the personal touch. People are less likely to take on the Police if they get beaten senseless in a fair fight.

Your poor victims having coffee were obviously easy pickings. The guy was obviously only worried about a cop with a gun because that is all he knew. Plus your lot are in cars all the time and never walk the streets. If he had had his butt whopped by a policeman without a gun, he may have thought twice about taking them on.

140863-dtstory-london-riots.jpg

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I've got absolutely nothing against the cops here.

What I do have something against is their guns and America's tolerance of gun ownership outside of hunting and farming.

Guns breed cowardess and everything I am reading on here supports that.

The guy for shooting the cops, the other cop for shooting the guy, the cop and his buddy being afraid of me stepping out of my own car on a sunny Sunday drive through the countryside...

Like it or not, guns detach the individual from the act of killing, so more killing happens and more people get scared, so more people have guns and the cycle continues.

If you go at someone with your fists, a knife, a stick or even a hammer you pay a greater emotional price for the damage you inflict. And then most people, except the real nuts (we all know them) will stop short of killing someone and, in most cases, even short of serious harm.

Killing with a gun is just too easy. How many Americans are in prison for murdering someone with a gun, when really all they wanted to do was break his nose?

Now let me count....hmmm America has the largest prison population in the world. I wonder why?

2.3 million criminals are behind bars here, with China a distant second (1.6 million). Yes, you read that right. Over 2 MILLION. That's equivalent to 5% of the people in this country WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE! And we all know how many of them there are.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I've got absolutely nothing against the cops here.

What I do have something against is their guns and America's tolerance of gun ownership outside of hunting and farming.

Guns breed cowardess and everything I am reading on here supports that.

The guy for shooting the cops, the other cop for shooting the guy, the cop and his buddy being afraid of me stepping out of my own car on a sunny Sunday drive through the countryside...

Like it or not, guns detach the individual from the act of killing, so more killing happens and more people get scared, so more people have guns and the cycle continues.

If you go at someone with your fists, a knife, a stick or even a hammer you pay a greater emotional price for the damage you inflict. And then most people, except the real nuts (we all know them) will stop short of killing someone and, in most cases, even short of serious harm.

Killing with a gun is just too easy. How many Americans are in prison for murdering someone with a gun, when really all they wanted to do was break his nose?

Now let me count....hmmm America has the largest prison population in the world. I wonder why?

2.3 million criminals are behind bars here, with China a distant second (1.6 million). Yes, you read that right. Over 2 MILLION. That's equivalent to 5% of the people in this country WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE! And we all know how many of them there are.

Um... actually... when you're in prison, you get free health care.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Look at the way your SWAT teams gang up like a bunch of scare'd'cats, hiding behind each other with guns, shields and hemets.

God, they even need kneepads!

British police do it the real way.

No helmet, face to face with a stick. It's the personal touch. People are less likely to take on the Police if they get beaten senseless in a fair fight.

Your poor victims having coffee were obviously easy pickings. The guy was obviously only worried about a cop with a gun because that is all he knew. Plus your lot are in cars all the time and never walk the streets. If he had had his butt whopped by a policeman without a gun, he may have thought twice about taking them on.

140863-dtstory-london-riots.jpg

Ian they are getting ready to bust down the door to a meth lab and the people inside have 3 AK-47's.

I'd like to see your bobbies go in that door with a stick... LOL

They'd have to have a deathwish....

Its a little higher threat level than a drunken hooligan raisin hell after a football match...

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You're right Redwood. There's a lot less meth use outside of America.

That has a lot to do with giving people self-worth through adequate access to social safety nets and health care.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You're right Redwood. There's a lot less meth use outside of America.

That has a lot to do with giving people self-worth through adequate access to social safety nets and health care.

Yes Yes...we must not lower their self esteem...god forbid...while were at it we should give them a car, gasoline (petrol), day care, dental, medical, food, heat, water, and lights...have I forgotten anything...oh yes a little spending $$$$

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I dunno what Ian's talking about, Bobbies without guns? That's long-past. Last time I was in London, most of the cops I saw were sporting smg's. Like this:

Police_armed_uk.jpg

G20-Armed-policeman-patro-001.jpg

Heckler & Koch, I think?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Our Police are properly trained to use firearms and they don't get to take them home.

Less God and more Government, that's what I say.

Don't feed that man and he will have to go fishing...

Or he will bust your arse by trying to steal from you and your family. Which means you need a gun. Which means he needs a gun. Which means the police need guns. Which means society here has become cowardly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks