plumbing with pex pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

kritchie

Reaction score
i am about to get started putting in a bathroom and laundry room, and i am going to use pex pipe and expander tool
i have some pipe to use but am not sure i can use it.
Is there a different kind of pex pipe for expander tools and the crimping tools?
the pipe i have is pure link pex, and says it is potable.
i hear about pex "a" and pex "b" but i had some installed in my house already by a pro and it does not say a or b on it
can some one help my

thanks
kritchie

Spydrweb1977

Reaction score
It must be "a" to use the expander tool. There is code stamped on the outside of all pex, I am not 100% sure how to interpret it, but it should tell you if it is a b or c type.. You could also google the brand and contact the manufacturer, but it must be a to use the expander tool and fittings, and I believe most of the expander fittings are brand specific, so if that type is a, that manufacturer probably has their own expansion fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks