plumbing with pex pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by kritchie, Sep 11, 2012.

1. kritchie

kritchie New Member

i am about to get started putting in a bathroom and laundry room, and i am going to use pex pipe and expander tool
    i have some pipe to use but am not sure i can use it.
    Is there a different kind of pex pipe for expander tools and the crimping tools?
    the pipe i have is pure link pex, and says it is potable.
    i hear about pex "a" and pex "b" but i had some installed in my house already by a pro and it does not say a or b on it
    can some one help my

thanks
    kritchie

2. Spydrweb1977

Spydrweb1977 New Member

It must be "a" to use the expander tool. There is code stamped on the outside of all pex, I am not 100% sure how to interpret it, but it should tell you if it is a b or c type.. You could also google the brand and contact the manufacturer, but it must be a to use the expander tool and fittings, and I believe most of the expander fittings are brand specific, so if that type is a, that manufacturer probably has their own expansion fittings.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Spydrweb1977

Spydrweb1977 New Member

http://www.heatlink.ca/

It looks like this is the company that makes that pipe, I would call them to see if they have expansion fittings for it.

Their contact info is on the website.