Reaction score
Isometric drawing.

Attachments

• iso.jpg
    iso.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,902

johnbin

Reaction score
So even from this ISO picture, there are some pipes that are waste on the bottom and vents on top. Even if this is for a single fixture, it's still waste.

Attachments

• iso.jpg
    iso.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 661

Mike Garrod

Mike G
Reaction score
I can see why you you think your picture is ok, with the vent tying in above the waste of the upstairs bath. But the difference between your pic and Terry's is there is no waste from any fixtures on the upper floor when the vent ties in, and that matters.

johnbin

Reaction score
I can see why you you think your picture is ok, with the vent tying in above the waste of the upstairs bath. But the difference between your pic and Terry's is there is no waste from any fixtures on the upper floor when the vent ties in, and that matters.
I posted two options, one ties the upstairs drain into the vent stack on 1st floor, (this is an industrial workspace so I have plenty of space to connect the drain below the vent), and the other ties it into the far left aux drain. Is there an issue connecting the upstairs bathroom to the aux drain and then running the vent over to the vent stack?

Attachments

• layout.png
    layout.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 527

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; . It was put in for the upstairs bath to drain into but I was hoping to be able to drain that bath into the main stack.

You CAN connect your vent to that pipe, UNTIL you connect the upstairs bath, or anything else, to it. Then it would have to be disconnected and rerouted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks