Plumbing Venting Problem???

Users who are viewing this thread

farmered

Reaction score
My home is less than a year old (new). I am on a septic tank. Plumbing has worked fine up till the last 3 months. Lately I noticed when the washing machine is in the drain cycle the two bathrooms cammodes start to gurgle and I loose the water that was in the bowl. I also noticed that when I happen to flush commode during the rinse cycle the commode seems plugged and the water fills up without a flush. When the cycle ends on washer then the commodes will flush and recede. Again, I had no problems till lately and not sure where to begin. I did go under the house and removed the cap to view the main drain to septic tank during a time when commodes did not flush and the main was good. I viewed this just where the drain goes through the foundation to the septic tank. I can not help but think I have a vent problem and not sure if the vent at washer machine is in error. Keep in mind that the washer is at the extreme end or paralell to the master bathroom at far end of house. I have a second bath that when the master will not flush the second bath does not either. Any help would be appreciated.

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
It sounds like you have a partial blockage downstream of the toilets and washer. The washer can dump a lot of water into the drain. I'd have a pro come out and snake the lines. The small consumer snakes usually don't do the trick. Something happened recently if it used to work fine, which I'd assume some sort of partial blockage.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

UNLESS that is the only vent in the building and it is plugged, which may not be a reasonable conclusion, then venting is not your problem. But without being there to do our own evaluation, we cannot tell you if it is a main sewer line stoppage or something else entirely.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks