Plumbing puzzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Dasadler

Reaction score
I just got this house - has five sinks - 2 in master bath, 1 in main bath, 1 in kitchen, and 1 in guest bath. What’s odd and puzzling is that only two of these five sinks have HOT water… the other three have only warm water. None of them is more than 30 feet from the hot water heater and I did let the water run for a while to ensure and distance between hot water heater and faucet was accounted for.

I am unaware of any physical reason this condition should exist. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you have a mixing valve? Do you have a hot water recirculating system? Do you have single handle, sinks, showers etc.? Do you have both hot and cold water lines connected directly to the washing machine or did you use a Y connect hose? Is there more than one hot water heaters? Which two sinks have hot water?

Last edited:

Dasadler

Reaction score
I am not aware of any mixing valve. The faucets are all two handle and water is directly connected to the washing machine. The previous owner says all was good before - the home inspector says all was good. Unless the place is haunted... no reason for it not to work as far as I can tell.

Reach4

Reaction score
Shut off the water supply into the water heater as a test. Turn on hot water faucets. Does water come out under pressure (not just dribbles)? If so, something allows crossing over.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks