Plumbing Plan Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by cicerored, Oct 30, 2008.

1. cicerored

cicerored New Member

Some of you may remember that I broke up my basement slab a couple months back to scope out the DWV with an eye towards adding a 2" drain and vent tie-in. I got the building permit. I have finished the insulation and am almost done with the framing. I called about the plumbing permit and they want a plumbing plan (and $130 flat fee including the plan review and up to 3 inspections). Does anyone have any tips creating the plumbing plan. Do you think they want the water and dwv for the whole house?

2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    Typically they want an isometric of the DWV and perhaps the supply piping also showing pipe sizes, fittings and estimated lengths.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    plan

Usually they want an isometric drawing of the portion you are adding including any connections to the existing system.