plumbing order- new construction

Users who are viewing this thread

ugabulldog

Reaction score
Building a home here (first time obviously) this is the order I'm thinking: final grade, septic tank, plumbing trim-out. This way bulldozer won't run over septic tank and tank will be there for plumber when he comes to do trim-out. Also, tile down after plumbing trim-out so tile won't get damaged when putting toilets in and tile man can just remove toilet to install tile. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Building a home here (first time obviously) this is the order I'm thinking: final grade, septic tank ...

What would you then do with all the earth dug out from the holes for the septic tank and drain field(s)?

A good dozer operator will possibly push out the septic area at the same time he pushes out your basement, and he is not going to run over any of that later on when he backfills.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you plumb the toilets with 4", you can tile right up to the edge of the pipe, cut it off, then install the flange where it is supposed to be - on top of the finished floor. You can do it with a 3" line, but you have to leave a gap around the pipe to get the flange to fit over the pipe.

ugabulldog

Reaction score
thanks to both.... I guess I should explain better: The house is complete and plumbing rough-in is done. I guess I should talk to my subs and see what they suggest as well...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks