Plumbing Noob needs help with Delta Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

BrentH

Civil Engineer
Reaction score
Hey everyone - great looking site here. I am about to start remodeling my bathroom and am planning to install a new shower valve and plumbing. I just recently bought a new Delta 1700 faucet and am having trouble disassembling it from the package. I have been trying to take the handle off in order to slip off the escutcheon and valve but to no avail. Is there a retaining clip in there or a small latch that needs to be depressed to take this thing apart. Does anyone have any pictures of this as well? I was thinking this would be fairly straight forward but I can't even get past step one. Any help would be appreciated.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Mabey this will help

Attachments

• 626299489.jpg
    626299489.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 346

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

The first thing you have to do is remove the cap from the small temperature control lever. It snaps off and then there is a screw under it holding everything else together.

BrentH

Civil Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys. That picture looks helpful but it is pretty dang small. As for removing the cap on the small temperature control valve, I just need to pop it off with a screw driver or some other small prying tool? I just want to make sure since I want to make sure to not break it.

BrentH

Civil Engineer
Reaction score
Got it taken apart last night no problem. The cap popped right off. Thanks for the help guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks