Plumbing license

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Superior, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Superior

Superior New Member

Hi everybody I have a question I thought some of you guys may be able to answer for me. I'm in business for myself doing sewer and drain cleaning I originally started out at roto-rooter were I did unlicensed excavations and plumbing for many years until I decided to stop being used and start my own buisness. My question is, is there any way that I can get licenced through the state with out an doing an apprenticeship or getting a journeyman's license based on my experience in the industry?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You would have to check with the licensing authorities. IF they go by work experience, then you would have to be able to prove it using your pay stubs or W-2s for that period.