Plumbing for Laundry Sink and Washing Machine

Users who are viewing this thread

logan

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if you can let me know if this set up would be acceptable. I have an existing laundry tub and I wanted to add a washer box to the set up so that the washer could drain directly into the box instead of the laundry tub. I do have an existing vent directly through the roof so wondering if I need to either tie into that for the washer box or would the set up on my drawing work. I would be expanding the existing 1 1/2" pipe to the stack to a 2" pipe, but because of the placement of my hot water heater I would still have about 3 feet worth of th 1 1/2" before the stack. I know the reduction in size isn't best, but I'll have about 3 feet worth of 2" before the reducer so wondering if that will be ok.

Any comments are appreciated.
Thanks
View attachment Laundry_Washer run.zip

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks