Plumbing Final Inspection

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by MikeG, Dec 6, 2005.

1. MikeG

MikeG New Member

I'm getting ready to schedule a final inspection for my bathroom remodel (only a year to complete! :eek: ). One thing that I have not not finished is the panel for the tub front. Is this required for the final inspection? Would putting in a temporary panel pass?

Thanks, Mike
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I don't think the inspector cares about that - he only will care if all of the plumbing is done: an inspection panel is a cosmetic item - he's interested in the mechanical items. My unprofessional opinion.
  3. TonyBagadonutz

TonyBagadonutz Electrician

Only if it's a jacuzzi type tub and the motor is under there ~ electrical inspector will require a "permanent access" door/hatch
  4. MikeG

MikeG New Member

It is a whirlpool tub. The front panel is is mostly decorative and there is a side panel in an adjoining closet that is the access panel for the motor. I guess I will wait until I finish making the front panel before I schedule the final inspection. That way there will be no issues with the inspector.

Thanks, Mike