Plumbing & Electrical question

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Rysis, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Rysis

Rysis New Member

Hello,

I am in the process of renovating a ranch home and I'm considering the installation of a sewage pump in the basement to add a extra bath and wash room. At some point I would like to finish this space for an entertainment area. The question I have run into is that the most direct run to the sewage line would route the pipe in front of the electrical box. Is there a specified distance that I need to be away from the box?

Thanks!

P1010327_B.jpg
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

There are codes that specify clearances, but I don't know the specifics. You may want to post this on the electrical forum.
  3. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

I think this is the elec forum. But anyway I doubt it. Some unions or flexible pipe in that area might be kind to the electricians, and get it up tight to the ceiling. Or perhaps a few feet outwards, then elbow back in.
  4. DonL

DonL Out of the Trades

Not sure if this thread was moved. Maybe could have.

But you should not have a problem, If it already passed the electrical inspection.
  5. jwelectric

jwelectric Electrical Contractor/Instructor

The area from the floor to a height of 6 feet above or the finish ceiling and 3 feet out is dictated to the panel and Nothing can be installed in that area.

What you don’t want is sewage leaking onto the panel.
  6. Rysis

Rysis New Member

Thanks for the info everyone!