plumbing cost...Was my Mom way overcharged??

Did my Mom who is not rich nor poor pay too much for this job @ $1350

• Yes, she was overcharged

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No, about average total cost for this scope of work

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • She should have declined this bid and continued using the bathroom sink to drain pasta

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

lip

Reaction score
I'm a total noob and was able to do my drain myself with a little help of the internet in about 3 hours.
Charging that amount will just give that plumber a bad name.
It seems she was robbed.

I would confront the guy but I think it's too late now.

Good luck,

LIP

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
What's apparent is that the plumber did have to move the santee down as the disposer would be lower than the original. What is in question is was the cost of doing that substantiated by the work done. Without pics we are just naysaying.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

From the original question it appears that the tee was at the right height but the opening was behind the disposer and the plumber did not know how to make a connection without moving the opening sideways, which is a lot easier, and usually unnecessary, than changing the tee.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks