Plumbers: Which kitchen faucet brands are tops in quality/reliability?

Users who are viewing this thread

AlGreen

Reaction score
We currently have a pretty tired (looking and functioning) Grohe faucet that was here when we bought our house. Given that a new faucet can run $400+, I want our next one to be well-made internally and last several years at least. What brands fit the bill without breaking the bank?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Given that a new faucet can run $400+"

There are many to choose from for under that amount, made or sold by Delta and other famous makers.

BTW, consider this: Delta has no questions asked exchange or part policy (best warranty).

AlGreen

Reaction score
Thanks. I came up with the $400+ figure after looking at the Kohler, Moen, and Grohe models that were closest to the style we're looking for. So you like Delta. That helps.

Mike Garrod

Mike G
Reaction score
Moen is a good choice. Not the fanciest. Not the crappiest. And 9 times out of 10 if something goes wrong just bring the cartridge in to Home Depot or somewhere like that for a free replacement. In my opinion Moen looks better than Delta too in most cases.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, My Grohe kitchen faucet is now 17-years old and still looks and functions like new.

Reaction score
I have a Moen and called them to get replacement parts (hose was leaking on the pull out sprayer). They sent me all the parts needed, not just what I thought I needed all for free (not sure how old the faucet is came with the house). Customer support was great.

I think all the major brands make a range of products that from low quality to high quality. The price is usually a good indicator. Look for one that you like the looks and build quality (pull it out of the box and see how the casting/plating/machining looks one it). Also look to see how available parts are if it has lifetime warranty. Call the support numbers and see if they are a easy or a hassle to deal with.

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
Costco usually have Hansgrohe kitchen faucets. I think a coupon deal starts tomorrow. If not you can get a refund when it does go sale. Check Costco and see if you like any of there limited choice. I've installed quite a few of their Hansgrohe for friends and am impressed with the quality. IMO quite a bit better than what Home Depot and Lowes have in stock.

dhrice3

Reaction score
Replacing all bathroom and kitchen faucets, which are over 24 years old. They work fine but look like crap now. These faucet came with the house. I've done a lot of reading on faucets and learned most use plastic parts, show water spots as well as leak. Delta and Moen have life time warranty on certain faucets, which sounds good, but have read many reviews where people had to replace these faucets regularly. I am disabled and would need a professional to install them, so don't want to have to pay to replace poorly made faucets. I will check out the Hansgrohe and grohe faucets, so thanks. Anyone out there know a faucet that does not use plastic parts, show water spots and will last for years? Is there such a faucet made that is a quality product in these times?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks