Plumber's boo boo?

Users who are viewing this thread

TaylorMade

Reaction score
is it a plumbers' responsibility to let the home owner aware of serious repairs needed when they do repairs? I had a plumber come out to my rental house to clear the main drain of roots, in the process he pryed off 3/4 of the cap and did not make me aware of it instead he claims he made the tenant aware and that she would take care of it, she say's he didn't and i believe her. the point is, the way auto mechanics make you aware (on paper and signed by you)of repairs you need before you leave the garage. he was paid $250.00, the least he could of done was replace the cap. instead he stuffed it with a towel.how much is a cap anyway, $20.00 ? as a result i had 4 ft. of water in my basement.:confused:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would pursue this with the drain cleaning company and not just the plumber they sent.

Our company policy is we do not deal with the tenant and any work performed must have the landlords okay.

If we had to remove a cap using destructive measures as is often the case and you refused to pay for a new cap it would have been noted on the invoice for your signature.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
boo boo

What was the cap? If he had to remove it to clear the drain, then he should have resealed it or replaced it, but depending on the situation that might have been much more expensive. The bigger question is WHY you had water in the basement if he cleared the drain properly. IF that much water backed up, then it might have happened even if he had fixed that cap.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Plumber Boo Boo

It looks like the plumber that did that was a hack!! When I was doing drain cleaning years ago I carried an assortment of clean-out covers knowing the chance of getting one loose was doubtful, bust it out and replace with new.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks