Plumb Old Airstream as Restaurant..Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

acanthus

Reaction score
I am 90% finished with my project, a 66 Airstream converted into an espresso shop, etc. I have plumbed that which needs to get water and is supplied through an external attachment to which a hose will be fixed. I would like to install a water tank (the original) and be able to pump water myself if necessary. What things do I have to understand in order to do this??

Should the hose inlet channel water through the tank? or should it be separate? Is there some kind of regulator needed on the tanks to control pressure? What kind of pump should I buy? What other parts? And what questions haven't I addressed cause I'm just too uninformed?
Thanks in advance
Lance

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

IF you are going to use a tank, the main feed should go into the tank and then you use the water from it to keep the water in the tank from becoming stagnant and polluted. There are many kinds of pumps, but the most useful is an RV pump that starts when you open a faucet, and stops when you close it.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
All I can say is is that I hope everything you are doing is in conjunction with the Board of Health that is in the County you will be selling in....it seems that they all have slightly different requirements for food vending...

acanthus

Reaction score
Thank you...so the feed is a potable water hose into a tank that has another outlet that should be connected to the plumbing system (including the on-demand hot water system), yes? The RV pump that you refer to should be there (right after the tank)? I just realized that the espresso machine has its own external pump to pull water to it. How does this notion figure into the system?
TIA,
Lance

acanthus

Reaction score
Thanks, the health dept in this county uses the state regs which are very general and mostly rudimentary, surprisingly enough.
Lance

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks