Please verify my proposed re-venting/draining for washer

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeKenmore

Reaction score
see image for my proposed rework.

i'm moving our washer/dryer location as part of a basement remodel. i'm proposing to adjust the plumbing as shown in the image. my question, aside from does it look right, is whether it's okay to demo the existing vent from the washer that connected to the main drain line.

i will be reconnecting a new washer vent pipe to the old vent that goes up through the roof. however, the main drain line will not have the exact same venting configuration as before. i think it's okay, but want to check.

thanks!

basement plumbing.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The washer vent looks okay. The vent goes either uphill or at the least flat toward the roof.
You will want an 18" or longer standpipe for the washer.

MikeKenmore

Reaction score
thanks terry!

is it okay for me to cut out the old drain at the basement slab and put on a cap? alternatively, instead of a cap, could i glue a flat plate to the top? i'm planning to insulate the wall in the same exact spot as the existing drain with 3" XPS, so the less material interfering the better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks