Please review layout. Another wet vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

Craig Davis

Reaction score
I am plumbing a bathroom over a crawl space. There is a shower and toilet on one wall and a lav on the opposite wall. I would like to run down the middle of the room with a 3" main come out with a 3 to 2 combi to the shower then roll a 3 to 2 combi up so the 2" lav drain / wet vent comes in to the top half of the 3" then continue on to the toilet with the 3" The distance from the rolled combi is not over 6 ' is this acceptable? Both the toilet and the shower would be vented by the 2 " lav drain

Attachments

• IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 298

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can't run the toilet past the shower without a vent inbetween.
Right now the lav vents the toilet, but nothing is venting the shower.

Craig Davis

Reaction score
I was so afraid that you would say that. I would have to go horizontal for about 2 feet to get under floor joists and up into a shower wall. Is this allowed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 328

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Not every inspector is going to let you have a flat vent below the flood level that is unwashed.
You would be better off coming at the shower where you can have a vertical vent as you are heading toward the shower.
The reason that allow horizontal wet venting, is that you can snake a line from the lav to clear a vent. A dry vent that is flat has no way to clean it.

Craig Davis

Reaction score
This may look a bit Rube Goldbergish but I think I understand your point about the flat vent and this should fix that. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and advice. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 293
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks