Please Recommend Water Treatment for newbie!

Users who are viewing this thread

racer1

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm looking for help on determining how to fix my water issues. I just got my water checked and these are the numbers:

Turbidity 0.8 NTU
pH 6.2 SU
Iron 2.2 mg/L
Hardness 16 mg/L as CaCo3
Lead 0.030 mg/L
Copper 0.33 mg/L
Nitrates+Nitrites Not Detected
Total Coliforms, E. Coli, Sand: Absent

I'm on a 15 year old well with original well pump. I have an old softener system that is currently being bypassed. I don't know why it would have been used, since the Hardness level is in "soft" range according to the lab.
I was surprised by the Lead reading, given that we're on a well and our house was built in 1999, but I am getting it checked again to make sure it wasn't just the result of a cheap faucet. If the faucet isn't the issue, could the acidity of the water be pulling Lead from the well pump?
I would like to have a whole-house system so that my pipes don't suffer from the acidity and iron issues. I am willing to do whole-house drinkable, or just fix the acid/iron for the house and then do a RO or other system at the kitchen if that is more economical.
We do get the sulfur smell from time to time and I gather from reading here and elsewhere that that may be a HWH issue, but if these numbers indicate otherwise, I'm interested in fixing that as well.

Thanks very much for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks