Please recommend a good cleaner

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by MikeGoob, Feb 6, 2007.

1. MikeGoob

MikeGoob New Member

I have some non electrical distillation equipment that has stainless steel tubes and sealed compartments. Its worked well for me for a few years but now is developing a 'taste' to the water. I think its getting some rust spots at the weld points (ive cleaned the spots I can reach) and Ive run a q-tip as far as I can into some tubes and theres some black 'soot' coming out.

Can anyone recommend a way to clean out the unreachable compartments and tubing? Something I can soak in it and that wont be too toxic--this is drinking equipment after all.

Thanks!
  2. TedL

TedL New Member

Dip-it coffee pot cleaner or denture cleanser.
  3. MikeGoob

MikeGoob New Member

I always thought the coffee pot cleaners just cleaned scale build up? Will try the denture cleaner--good idea!
  4. markts30

markts30 Commercial Plumber

You could try vinegar