PLEASE! In need of help with Fleck 7000 SXT settings

Users who are viewing this thread

KJPARK

Reaction score
Hello,

We just purchased and installed (tonight) a Fleck 7000 SXT 64K softener.
We have a 1600 sq. ft. house with 2 bathrooms. We have 2 adults full time and one adult 3-4 days a week. We also have 2 children in the house. We are on city water.
Hardness: 16 gpg
pH: 8.1
TDS: 540ppm
No iron

DLFC: 3.5
BLFC:.25
Injector size#: 1

Please help me with Programming settings. I have read so many posts on here and I think I am just confusing myself more.

Reach4

Reaction score
Guided for most values by https://terrylove.com/forums/index....for-fleck7000-sxt-softener.59313/#post-439301 I have values I would suggest. Chose RS=rc to allow changing BF and C to alternate appropriate values without changing percentage for reserve. computed rc=5 people * 60 gallons.
pix_1.GIF

KJPARK

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4. I will input this programming and see how it goes. Can you possible explain the benefits of using gallons vs. percentage? And a 21 day DO is okay, vs. and 8 day? Sorry for the questions, just want to understand. Now it seems we have a problem though because it appears that there is a leak coming from the injector. It seems like a fairly minimal amount, but leaking nonetheless. It is coming out from where the red clip is inserted. I will be emailing the company tomorrow to see what they advise to do. It's going to really suck if I have to return it. Anyways, thank you so much for your help!

Reach4

Reaction score
1. Percent and gallons can give the same result. But if you wanted to change hardness, grains/gallon, salt dose, the percent would change, but the gallons would not need to be changed. There are pairs of C and BF that can be used. 6 lb/cuft is a pretty good dose for most purposes. I suggest that you get a Hach 5B so that you could measure the raw water hardness yourself, and to detect residual hardness near the end of your capacity.

2. DO only matters when you have not used up the capacity. As I understand it, with significant iron, it is important to regen more frequently, even if you are off on vacation. With chlorinated city water you have no iron. So you can go to a DO of maybe up to 30. There may be different opinions.

Can't help with the leak problem. Maybe post a photo. I like to put a little silicone grease on things with gaskets or O-rings I am assembling. It may not help, but I think it helps the seals. I am not a pro, and what I know is mostly from reading what the pros have posted.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Send a picture of the leak. The injector cap has a single o-ring that is easily replaced but... it is not an o-ring that I have ever seen leak. You can remove the injector cap by depressurizing the system, push the cap in slightly, then remove the red clip. The cap is easily remove by using a flat screwdriver.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks