Please identify (well seal?)

Users who are viewing this thread

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
Glad we don't use those in CT on domestic wells

They are great...the Cadilliac of a wellhead finish. They are expensive, so you don't see them much on residential, but the only way to go when you have the money or do any big pump work. If they are installed plumb, you CANNOT no matter what put it in wrong or drop the pump...you just set it down in any orientation. The larger units all come with the hold down shown in the diagram above, and you can order it on the smaller units. The come as a unit and you cut off the casing below grade and attach this...either weld, threaded, or compression fitting. The upper casing that you can see is one pipe size bigger than the lower part of the unit, which is the same size as your well casing. That being said, if what you see above grade is 6" pipe, then you have a 5" well.....and so on. You special order the bury depth and sizing size, along with the discharge and drop pipe sizes you want. We put a lot of 6" pumps in 6" wells on 3" drop pipe, and this is the only pitless that can do that.

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
The square plug is a tap to the pressure area of the pitless; not for a vent. You could install a pressure relief, pressure switch on copper tubing, or even a pressure transducer. I've never seen anybody use it.

The well gets vented by the through way where the wire is coming up.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've used the Baker pitless units on community wells, when they've been specified by the engineer. They cost thousands, not hundreds of dollars. A 6" unit is over $2k, and they go up from there.

I'm in the process of getting ready to put a 6" pump in a 6" well with 3" drop pipe. I'll use a 2 1/2" Weld on pitless adapter. The minimum well casing size for the 3" weld on adapter is 8" casing. This well will be used on a 9 lot subdivision. They plan on pumping up to 100 gpm.

Landis

Reaction score
I don't mind.
Labor was $300.
Last Friday 2 men for about an hour.
Today in 17 deg weather 2 men a little over 2 hrs and the boss for about an hour.
Pretty reasonable to me.
What company did you use? I'm in Indy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks