please identify aerator

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dk518, Apr 15, 2009.

1. dk518

dk518 New Member

The local plumbing supplier cannot identify this: What I do know is that it's from a lav sink and is 55/64-27. My wife wants 3 new ones.

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help!
  2. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

If you can show us a picture of the faucet they came from it might be helpful.
  3. pmaru77

pmaru77 New Member

I've got the same condition in my newest bathroom......blackened bronze stuff, and it looks a lot worse than that. I'm starting to think this high ned plumbing is a waste.
  4. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

Thats why I only install faucets I get from a plumbing supply, and normally stick with Moen. Never ever get a Moen from a big box store, or any faucet for that matter.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Someday they will listen to Redwood...:cool:

When plumbing came inside white and chrome was in style...

Through the 50's, 60's, & 70's when people were installing fixtures that were pink and blue and yellow and avacado and a host of other colors that today trigger a gag reflex & a desire to remodel... White and chrome was in style...

Today as history repeats itself and we are installing Satin Nickel, with finger prints and waterspots, oil rubbed bronze and other living finishes designed to corrode... White and chrome is still in...

What color fixtures are you installing....:eek:

As for high end there is no such thing...
    It is Foo-Foo and it is made for suckers...
    Who was it that said there is a sucker born every minute?
  6. dk518

dk518 New Member

Thank you! This house was built in '94 by a local builder who planned on living in it!

Anyway, here's a pic of the whole sink.

[​IMG]
  7. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

That looks like a Moen faucet,But it could be Delta.
  8. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

I'm guessing Price Phister or Glacier Bay.

Red, everyone around these parts is buying faucets with the matt black finish or the brown, sort of rusty, worn look. Hell if they want flat black I have a can o spray paint.:D

Let's all be honest here though. 99% of all faucets sold are absolute crap. I've been using Delta for years because that's what the supply houses around here carry. Not because I love them, because it's convieniant. When you have been doing service work for any length of time you soon realize that make does not make a huge difference for the first few years anyway. The only faucet brand I truley hate though is Moen, though I suspect that changing Moen shower valve cartridges has probably put my son through college. :D
  9. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I agree NH Master...
    If that faucet is Foo-Foo someone got taken....
  10. jfarnold

jfarnold Apprentice Plumber