Please help with Kohler K304 shower valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by smthompson, Sep 24, 2010.

1. smthompson

smthompson New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Little Rock, AR
    I replaced a part in the valve and now I can't get the bell to screw properly back into place without the stem becoming very tight to turn. What am I doing wrong?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    go to

You need a more complete model number, but if you search on K-304- don't forget the dash at the end....that will just get you the shower valves. There are several different options, but if you browse through, you should see your model and how if goes together.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Bconwayusa

Bconwayusa New Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Sorry for such a simple question but I want to replace the valve in the K304 and cannot see how to access it! On line pictures show either a bottom set screw or a covered screw on the end of the handle. My installation has neither. Not sure if it just pops off but I don't want to force it... Suggestions?