Please help me with TOTO Power Gravity

Users who are viewing this thread

blackswan

Reaction score
hi, all

My toilet won't stop filling water after flush no matter how I tried to adjust the water level. it was used to have problem randomly but completely broke down since last night.

is there an instruction or diagram available somewhere I can learn to fix it ? I need to understand how it works before I work on it. your help will be very appreciated.

thanks in advance
-Paul

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Highly likely it is the flapper valve. This is the rubber part lifted by the handle when you flush. They are inexpensive and made by Korky for Toto. You can find them at a plumbing supply store or Lowes. Unless the chain is too long and is caught underneath the flapper valve, it is the most likely reason for the toilet to continue to run.

But, if the water is continuing to run and is flowing out the overflow tube, the shutoff in the valve tower has some crud in it. That also is probably a Korky product, and the seal for that is also available at Lowes (costs a couple of bucks - instructions are on the package). That takes about a minute to replace. Sometimes, just taking that apart (instructions on Korky's site or here if you search), cleaning it out and putting it back together can fix it. that also only takes a few minutes. Make sure to turn the water supply off first!

Last edited by a moderator:

blackswan

Reaction score
thanks

replaced a cap and fixed the problem. thank you very very much for the recommendation, it bothered me for a week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks