Please help me with my RainSoft !

Users who are viewing this thread

ATTI_MAC

Reaction score
I really don't want to call those "ripp off" service "technicians" to pay over $100 for replacing an o-ring...
I have a RainSoft filtering system, I am not sure what model. The sticker said outside: C4-CAB 100 CT
part no: 31449, so we have a hose for overflowing, and it is constantly dripping water, and it is getting way much faster than was before. I been told it is an o-ring, rings ( 5 maybe ?) I have to replace, so I will need help with diagram , or a bit help how to do it, where are those located. And where can I buy it?
Thank You!
Please let me know if you guys want me to post a photo of the system.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
A couple of photos might help, I know that for a time they where using the Fleck 5000 valve with the control changed to their lay out.
How old is the unit?

ATTI_MAC

Reaction score
not even 3 years old.
DSC_0573.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ATTI_MAC

Reaction score
the brass l shape connector is running to the hose where is attached to my pluming, so it is the overflow. That is the fast dripping coming from.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You are talking about black line that is into the shark bite fitting ??
That is the drain line for the unit when it is in a regen, now if water is going to drain when it is in service then yes the main piston and seal pack is going to need to be replaced.
A Fleck 5000 piston and seal pack will work and you can do the work your self.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest that you enter Fleck 5000 piston and seal into your favorite search engine.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is about it, also look for the Fleck 5000 manual if the book that you have does not have a parts break down.
most likely one could be looking at just north of about 80.00 so shop around for the parts.

ATTI_MAC

Reaction score
I still don't get it. I don't think I have a Flack 5000 piston.

can you point out what I have to replace to stop that leak?
DSC_0642.jpg

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
find a rebuild kit that has was is in the red circle

Attachments

• fleck 5000.jpg
    fleck 5000.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 364

Reach4

Reaction score
I still don't get it. I don't think I have a Flack 5000 piston.
I suggest posting a picture of the front, and maybe remove the outer cover and post a picture of what you uncover. I don't know that equipment myself.

Here is what one Fleck 5000 kit that I saw includes:
5600_1_1.jpg

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the black line on the right hand side of the unit is the Drain line then it is the 5000 as the 5600 has the drain and brine lines in the same housing on the left side of the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks