Please help me figure this out!

Users who are viewing this thread

mrsjulie

Reaction score
my toilet is 2 years old, just recently started "running" for 10 seconds or so, every minute or two. Not constantly, but just about. Along with this, the flush handle has to be forcibly pulled back up, after you flush it, or it will keep running. Any ideas what is wrong? I would appreciate some advice, thank in advance for help!

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
It would help to know the brand of toilet,some times the flapper can get
sticky and cause the handle to feel tight.And cause it to leak.If you want
to know for sure if it is the flapper put some food dye in the tank and
see if it shows up in the bowl.

mrsjulie

Reaction score
thanks, i just tried the food color/dye, we'll see if that tells me anyting. the brand of toilet is Mansfield 160.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like you have 2 unrelated issues.

Your flapper is leaking and needs replacement
Your lever action/ handle needs to be greased or replaced (You may have a green crusty build up at the pivot point inside the tank)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Replace the flush valve seal.
You need a 210/211 Mansfield seal it is commonly available.
Also replace the fill valve and supply line.
Fluidmaster 400A and a braided stainless steel closet supply (not watts floodsafe) would be good choices...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks