Please help identify this equipment/meter

Users who are viewing this thread

tim.hall53

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is? I need to reduce the water pressure at my house (currently at 100 psi) and I am wondering if there is some built-in reducer in all of this. If not, can I place a pressure reducer valve somewhere in this set up or do I have to crawl under the house?
photo.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is a gas meter, and it is already at about FOUR OUNCES of pressure so you would NOT want to reduce it any further. You MIGHT want to contact a plumber to work on your water line, before you do something to create a major problem.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
WHere you can add a pressure reduction valve will depend on where the water comes into the house or possibly there may be room out where the water meter is. As noted, that meter is your GAS supply...don't mess with it!

You probably have a main water shutoff valve somewhere...first thing is to find that since the PRV would need to go AFTER the main shutoff. You will also want to install an expansion tank or you may be introducing additional problems. Generally, one requires the other.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
With all due respect, you'd better just hire a licensed plumber. You obviously have zero knowledge of plumbing, so DIY is out of the question. Stick to doing what you have some knowledge of and can do with just a little advice. We can give you everything you need to know on line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;
Stick to doing what you have some knowledge of and can do with just a little advice.
We can give you everything you need to know on line.

The two sentences contradict each other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks