please help furnace is junk!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

dewaynegg

Reaction score
wow we've had 2 differant companies come out this week end alone... first pilot wouldnt stay lit... then he messed it up and i got taking to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning... so then another guy comes out fixes it everything works... i go to bed and get woke up in the middle of the night and no heat.... i checked the thermostat i jumped the wires thermostat is working but furnace wont click on.... wont do nothing... does anyone know what the problem is?

also, this is our dream home even though it is a manufactured home... it is on a lake and its beautiful... but it tends to be a little cooler here and i was thinking of replacing the furnace next year but if i have to do it this year is it ok to go from a 50000 btu to 60000 btu since i plan on enclosing my porch next year and i want to heat it?

for the first question my furnace is a nordyne propane with a free standing pilot.... with single stage blower... please any help.. ive already payed out 300 bucks in service calls so should i just consider a new unit since they cost like 800 bucks?

thanks dewayne

CHH

Reaction score
Sounds like not much fun.

Without a lot of detail it's tough to give advise on the proper course. The current failure could be something simple like a failed relay but there is no way to know if it's going to continue nickle-and-diming you.

I'd suggest calling the second HVAC guys back to troubleshoot and discuss your repair vs. replacement and sizing concerns with them.

Sincraft

Reaction score
I SERIOUSLY HOPE you have carbon monoxide detectors in your house after hearing about the furnace guy getting monoxide poisoning although I still can't out how he did it.

We hear EVERY YEAR about entire families that are found dead the next day and never woke up from this whenever it gets cold.

BTW if you plan on enclosing your porch or deck, do you have the duct work run out there for heat/return? Just wondering how you did it, I am looking to do something like this too soon. Although the deck isn't built, I want to make sure that if I or someone else wants to, they can make it a perma built structure so to speak and have the hvac and electrical ready if need be.

BigLou

Reaction score
dewaynegg,

I would also call out an Hvac pro and have them address the furance not kicking on. about adding another 10KBTU why do you think you need it ? 50000 BTU is more then enough for most houses in most conditions. on a -5 below night my poorly insulated( R5 walls) 1200 SF ranch only needs about 38k -43k BTU's

Lou

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks