PLEASE Help *** Best for Solid Waste?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by eyounkin, Aug 8, 2005.

1. eyounkin

eyounkin New Member

We puchased three Drakes a couple of years ago and they worked great for a while. Now that our kids are getting older we are still have problems with solid wastes in some cases. Do the new Ultramax even have better solid waste handling or is there another unit that is the absolute best in solid waste.

Please help. This is driving us crazy.
  2. Might want to check out their user habits; some people waste tons of toilet paper to keep the poop from touching the hands.....and plus a good wipe. If anyone is taking medications that are using the toilet......certain meds can attach to the porcelain or the unglazed portions of the trapway and cause buildup which in turn is a restricted pathway. Use a closet auger on the toilets and be aggressive to clear the pathways.
  3. eyounkin

eyounkin New Member

Not Drakes

I just realized that what I purchased a couple of years ago are no Drakes with GMAX. They are Toto but I am not sure which one. I am thinking I need to upgrade to Drakes.
  4. alhurley

alhurley Guest

go for it

after much frustration with our old toilet (weekly plunging or more) we started our research and found Terry's site. A couple of other sites also pointed to Toto, so we took the plunge :rolleyes: . Found a Drake locally at a good price (they had purchased a large quantity) and bought it. Drake wasn't necessarily the first choice, but we had company coming in and had to do something.

well, that was April and the plunger is in the shed. Our remodel will have us replacing 2 more, and the only decision is which Toto and what color. :D
  5. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Solid waste

Sounds like your children are at an adolesent age. Kids can have very large, clay like b.m's...............If that's what it is your closet auger will do.
  6. Deloris

Deloris New Member

If you have boys coming into their teens then you might as well get a machete and keep it close by. :D
  7. Kristi

Kristi Tradesman Plumber

LOL... hey don't get me started on teen GIRL habits! We may need to post an information site for them on what can and cannot go down that loo...