Please check this over before I bury it!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Handymaner, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Handymaner

Handymaner New Member

2. Handymaner

Handymaner New Member

[​IMG]

Here it goes under the foundation. This foundation and 2x6 wall runs down the center of the house length ways to support the floor above. Note the clean out here (advice from the previous posting).
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  3. Handymaner

Handymaner New Member

[​IMG]

Here it will be under concrete (eventually), about a 9' run with 2 or 3" of drop. You can see from the pics in the previous post:

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23384

That it was going across at about shoulder level, a real pain for access to the walk in crawl space, the reason for this job.
  4. Handymaner

Handymaner New Member

[​IMG]

This was the only interesting part. The connection to the main line that goes outside the house. It's 3/16 mild steel pipe, a little odd for a sewer line I would think. I reused the old PVC elbow, as it was an odd angle. I added a cleanout here as well. It will have to be under a steel lid in the concrete floor. Unfortunately, I was unable to use sweeps because it would have been too high. The height was set by where it goes under the foundation (post #2). Due to the compound angle two elbows were required. The one in the Tee is a 90, the one connecting to the steel line with the compression fitting is approx 60-70 degrees.

Any of the experts notice anything I need to remedy prior to burying it? It will go under dirt now, and eventually concrete.
  5. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy In the Trades

Not bad at all for doing it yourself. You'll get lots of "corrections" but overall, I've seen lots worse.

You mention that the last cleanout will be under a steel plate below the level of the concrete floor. Just add a length of pipe to what you have now to bring your cleanout up flush with the floor. Much easier.
  6. Handymaner

Handymaner New Member

Thanks. I want the floor to be flat, and the clean out plug protected, thus the reason for the steel cover.
  7. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy In the Trades

get a flush cleanout plug. lots of styles made in all materials.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  8. Handymaner

Handymaner New Member

Thanks! That would be a lot easier, and durable as well. I wasn't aware of that option.
  9. Handymaner

Handymaner New Member

I'll take the number of views with the lack of responses as meaning it's OK. I'll plan on burying it tomorrow. Sure appreciate you guys sharing your vast knowledge!