Plastic tube pipe leak at clamp

Users who are viewing this thread

bmerta

Reaction score
I've never seen a pipe like this under my sink. The base to the water shut off and on is a clamp. I had to replace my faucet yesterday - and now the ONLY place I have a leak is at the clamp. I don't know if I should try to squeeze it.. or how to remove it? what to do... any advice. I have uploaded a picture. thank you.

Attachments

• sink 1.jpg
    sink 1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 250

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it's leaking from the hose, you will need to replace the shutoff and use a new connector.
I wouldn't be doing much touching unless you have the water off and the parts ready.

bmerta

Reaction score
I'm depressed

Thank you for your quick response... I was so proud of myself for replacing the faucet.....took me 7 hours to do that... just image what this will be like..

Sixlashes

Plumber in Previous Life
Reaction score
Don't let it get you down. These issues have a way of popping up, even for the most experienced. Just the movement of hoses and tubes can sometimes be the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes a leak. Take heart, it is a small leak. I once had a CPVC fitting come apart under pressure that I was investigatinh "just a small leak" in. I took two showers that day. :D

For clarification, ensure all the water to the house is shut off either at the meter or a master shutoff just outside/inside the house. It would also be a good idea to drain the water down, especially if you have multi-stories.

Don't get discouraged if you have to make more than one trip to purchase parts; you will discover exactly why plumbers drive those big trucks. ;)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

If the faucet took 7 hours, get your sleeping bag ready, because that was easy compared to this. That valve slides on, but, like roaches at the roach motel, it does not slide off. You may have to cut it off if pulling and twisting at the same time does not remove it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks