Plastic or flexible dishwasher supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

diyLou

Reaction score
I'm having difficulties connecting the dishwasher to the copper supply line. I think the thread on the side that connects to the dishwasher is damaged. It won't screw.
I'm considering buying a more flexible supply line, i.e., plastic or steel. Is there an easier way to fix the leakage before I replace the supply line altogether?
Thanks.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Flexible feed hose/lines are common. Is the damaged thread on the hose/line going between the dishwasher and the water supply shutoff valve, or the dishwasher inlet fitting? If it's on the dishwasher fitting, replacing the feed hose/line isn't going to solve the problem.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
As noted, if the threads are damaged, replace the fitting. It is also possible that the threads on the fitting and those on the pipe are not the same. For the connecting pipe, I like the steel covered flex tubing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks