Plastic connector for side sink sprayer hose

Users who are viewing this thread

dhrbarton

Reaction score
I am trying to disconnect the hose that goes to the side sink sprayer in my kitchen, and there is this white plastic connector that I can't figure out. It rotates but doesn't seem to come off.

Anyone know how these particular fittings work? Thanks.

connector.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The only way I have ever gotten them loose was to break the two fingers off so it could pull out. what is that connected to, because I cannot figure out why the connection is there.

Dan Shiveley

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

So, my sink side sprayer went bad and I need to replace it. I convinced myself that this would be an easy fix, but I ran into an issue. The replacement hose looks like it should just screw on, but the previous one had a connector like the one mentioned above. When the connector is removed, the new one does not screw onto the nipple (?) thing.

I went to Lowe's to see if I could get a part to make it work... or even an all new hose kit, but the guy I talked to said that my only option is to contact the manufacturer for a part. I have no idea who made the sink, but I know the piece is identical to the original photo above. Does anyone know what this is called exactly, a part #, or a link to where I can buy... whatever I need?

Thanks very much.

Augie De Blieck Jr.

Reaction score
That's a Peerless "quick connector." They're the cheap DIY line from Delta. When I tried to take it off, I broke off the plastic piece on the nipple that held it on. That turned out to be nearly fatal for the whole kitchen sink. You can find replacement sprayers, but nobody sells that white block thing in stores.

I called Peerless/Delta to ask about it, and they sent a new sprayer and block. Or you can find it online at "Peerless RP60121 Block and O-Rings" .
https://www.peerlessfaucet.com/kitchen/product/RP60121

My next question is, what do I do while I wait for the new part to show up? Is there a way to screw something onto the end of the nipple to block the water so I can continue to use the sink in the meantime?

-Augie

RP60121-B1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

79OrangeCrush

Reaction score
906 South Whippoorwill, Strafford, MO, 65757, US
That's a Peerless "quick connector." They're the cheap DIY line from Delta. When I tried to take it off, I broke off the plastic piece on the nipple that held it on. That turned out to be nearly fatal for the whole kitchen sink. You can find replacement sprayers, but nobody sells that white block thing in stores.

I called Peerless/Delta to ask about it, and they sent a new sprayer and block. Or you can find it online at "Peerless RP60121 Block and O-Rings" .
https://www.peerlessfaucet.com/kitchen/product/RP60121

My next question is, what do I do while I wait for the new part to show up? Is there a way to screw something onto the end of the nipple to block the water so I can continue to use the sink in the meantime?

-Augie

RP60121-B1.jpg
I hope you figured this out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks