Plastic Bibb Washers

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Verdeboy, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Jun 12, 2006
    I was working on a leaky tub faucet today and found hard, white plastic bibb washers. I replaced them with rubber ones.

Anyone know why someone would use the hard plastic ones?

Attached Files:

2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

Nov 23, 2006
    disabled-retired industrial fabricator
    200 miles south of Little Rock
    When two surfaces (stem and seat) are well-machined and properly mated, they seal. When tolerances are not so tight, anything from hard plastic or whatever else all the way down to silicone or whatever else can make a seal possible anyway.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Flat bibb washers are available in black, red,blue, and white, differing in hardness. The hardest ( white ) will last longer, but require a seat in perfect condition, and as seats are subject to wear, especially in horizontal valves like shower, I do not find the white to be successful long term. I prefer the reds.
  5. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Apr 23, 2007
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey what are you looking at?
  6. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Jun 12, 2006
    Just eyeing those peanuts over there. I'm the peanut monster.:D