Plaster Ground in the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Guii

Reaction score
I have a Moen shingle handle tub faucet that drips. It is installed on a fiberglass tub/shower. I am trying to replace the posi-temp cartrige but can not remove the clip because the plaster ground is in the way. I do not want to remove the plaster ground as the trim screws attach in to the plaster ground and forms a seal against the fiberglass wall. The plaster ground is behind the fiberglass tub wall, and the fiberglass wall hole is smaller than the plaster ground circumference. Is it OK to trim/cut the plaster ground enough so that the clip can come out, but the trim screws can attach to the plaster ground? If not, are there any recommendations as to how to deal with this situation? The components were installed at the time the house was built in 1995.

Guii

Reaction score
Thanks!

Trim away!

All worked out ok. We cut a slot through the plastic ground above the clip and was able to extract the clip with a pair of needle nose plyers. Appreciate your input and information supplied through this web site as it really made the difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks