Piston Pump Parts... Help !

Users who are viewing this thread

Farmer Ted

Reaction score
Thanks for reading my post.
I have inherited a very old McDougall (single) piston pump that I would like to use to supply lake water to my Mom's flower gardens. The pump doesn't produce very much pressure, but it does work somewhat. I think I need to replace gaskets and seals and possibly other parts, but don't know where I can get parts. The only identifier I can see on the pump is it's name and GALT (presumably manufactured in Galt Ontario?) Can anyone provide me with a contact or website that supplies replacement parts for this (probably 50+ year old) pump?

Thank you... I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Farmer Ted (somewhere in southern Ontario)

ExpressWellService

Reaction score
Honestly Hit up all the Canadian Tire, Home depot, Home hardware, Tsc and co-ops around you might get lucky. Diamond makes replacement piston pump parts under the name "Fitsall" all the abouve stores carry a few pump kits in their plumbing section. However most are for Duros and Epps, but you might get lucky and find a McDougall kit. Are are in a plastic bag about 6" X 10 " , they have new seals, gaskets , springs, codder keys and I think maybe new packing for the packing nut. They are about $30. If not send me a PM and I might be able to find one. Piston pumps are damn reliable, will pump a bit of air and pretty easy to work on. I know of a few Duros and Epps pumps that havent been touched in 40-50 years , they`ll never build super huge pressure or pump more than a few gpm , but for just watering a few flowers out of the lake you can`t go wrong

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks