Piping and a 3 way diverter in shower

Users who are viewing this thread

JUstin B

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and hate asking for help right off the bat BUT I'm currently stone walled. I am remodeling a master bathroom and I installed a Kolher Master Shower 3 way diverter to control a shower head, rainfall head in the ceiling, or both at the same time. I plan on running the lines to the fixtures with pex by installing a shark bite fitting at the copper tubes coming out of the diverter. I'm not sure how to run the lines to make the shower head and rainfall work at the same time. I have 3 outlets coming out of the diverter. One for the Rainhead, one for the shower head, and I don't know what I need to do with the third one. Are there any diagrams out there so show me what I need to do? See picture

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 284

JUstin B

Reaction score
The valve does it for sure but I'm not sure how. The instructions do not say how to either. From my research this value can be a 3 way and 2 way. I think I can plug the third port but I just need to make sure I can still use both at the same time. Thanks for the reply Reach4

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In most cases if you want the option to have two on at the same time, you would need a 6 way valve. Often the 3 way valve only lets you have one at a time.

• Controls all functions from a single valve, one function on at one time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks