pipe hangers 1" copper

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by gilmil, Dec 13, 2010.

1. gilmil

gilmil New Member

I was over my parent's place this weekend and my dad sent me down to the basement to checkout their pipe hangers. It turns out that the majority of the plastic J pipe hangers holding the heating pipes up are broken. The heat pipes are mostly 1" and make about a 70 foot run (long long ranch). There are three zones, so three feeds and three returns. What's the best type of hanger to use on these that won't break? The zones were put in in 1993, so the hangers aren't that old.

Thanks,
    Gil
  2. rmelo99

rmelo99 Network Engineer

3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The Milfords are probably "overkill", and the wire hooks, especially if you get the ones with a plastic coating, are more than adquate and much easier and faster to install.
  4. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Want pipe hanger? go to the lumber yard dumpster and use the green plastic banding. Stronger than steel and no di-electrric issue.