Pipe coming into house wrapped??

Users who are viewing this thread

nickyg

Reaction score
My well enters the house through a pipe in the basement. This pipe is wrapped with some sort of cloth or paper material and then tons of clear tape over the cloth. Looks like some kind of amateur rigging... Can I remove this wrap? I need to get down to the steel itself to replace some piping and the pressure valve. Any idea why this was done? Condensation???

Speedbump

Reaction score
Condensation or freezing would be my guess. Or they didn't want anyone to see their amateur plumbing job.

bob...

nickyg

Reaction score
Can I get rid of it to do some maintenance??? If I do remove it and notice freezing or condensation, what do you recommend I re-wrap the pipes with??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
foam pipe insulation is available in pretty much any size you need. You will find some sizes in the big box stores, but you might have to go to a plumbing supply house for typically the bigger stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks