Pilot light keeps blowing out

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by metoo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. metoo

metoo New Member

We have an ongoing problem with our hot water heaters. There are two of them in the crawl space. When we get any kind of a major storm with wind, the gas/pilot light gets blown out and I have to go relight them. We have had a couple of plumbers look at them and have not come up with a solution. It's been suggested that possibly convert to the Rennai Tankless heaters might help?
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

>>>When we get any kind of a major storm with wind, the gas/pilot light gets blown out<<<

That looks like you problem, you have to block the pilots from the wind.
  3. metoo

metoo New Member

Any suggestions on how to do this? I would assume some type of enclosure would help. Any recommendations on the type of enclosure?
  4. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

What you need is something like a picket fence you cannot block the air flow that the burners need,
    but just something to block the wind blowing though,
    i would have to be there to see what would work !