Pig Slop Contest. Who found the worst plumbing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe the Plumber

Pluumbing, of course
Reaction score
I enjoyed the 2009 Pig Slop thread, and was wondering about the 2010 contest.
I guess this can start it
Any of you other plumbers found any pig slop plumbing yet?

Updated 2012 by Terry
A place for pictures of horrible plumbing. Have at it!

Last edited by a moderator:

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
Taken at lunch today, don't need no stinking p-trap there

Attachments

• IMG00085.jpg
    IMG00085.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,268

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Really bad sink drain connections

Here is a kitchen sink with three p-traps, and installed with backwards santees.
Notice how low the DW drain is, it's not draining right by the way.

Do not do this!

cathy_under_sink1.jpg

When the ABS was pulled off, they were filled up with grease. It was so bad that the dishwasher was no longer being used. The pipes were too full of grease to allow it to drain.

Last edited:

XR4ti

Reaction score
I saw this funky lav at the Melting Pot the other night. I wonder if anyone has mistaken it for a trough urinal? No ice cubes in it, so, maybe not. :)

Attachments

• IMAGE_067..jpg
    IMAGE_067..jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,535

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not have a picture, but another plumber showed me a 2" sink drain that was connected to the tub's 1 1/2" overflow pipe using a "Fernco" rubber tee and a 2 x 1 1/2 No-Hub coupling.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
I should take a pic of what was under my sink. It wasn't bad compared to most, though.

Basically, there was a copper standpipe under the kitchen sink for the DW. At some point, this standpipe was cut and then reattached with a unshielded Fernco. This Fernco was also sized for CI/PL pipe (not copper), so was bulged out in the center. The standpipe was loosely supported with a couple zipties and had settled overtime (stretching the Fernco and making the pipe run uphill).

I guess they also didn't want to put a new hole under the cabinet or add a junction box when they ran the electrical for the garbage disposer. They just decided to cram the Romex through the the small gap around the drain pipe where it goes into the wall.

Got it all fixed up this past weekend. :) Also, there is more space under the cabinet without that standpipe in the way.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Pig Slop Plumbing 2010

Master Mark asked me to post this picture he wanted to share with all of you...

He wanted to show you this new epoxy and bendy straw technology that we now have a available to us...

He also asked me to say hi to everybody for him...

Bendy Straw Technology.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is a West Seattle home remodel. It looks like they abandoned the plumbing in the back wall. It would have been too high for a disposer

sink_peggy_1.jpg

That pipe dropping in from the top is not a vent. That's the drain from the left side sink.
No vent, and the 1.5" tubular piping disappears into the bottom of the cabinet without a joint in sight. How would you like to stumble upon this mess?
I guess one trap wasn't enough for this house flipper. I don't think I would want a home that had been flipped. I've seen too many things hidden in crawls and in walls.

sink_peggy_2.jpg

A PVC schedule 40 water 90 bend, attached to the down tube on the sink basket by gooing it up with Silicone.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey Red, I think I have that picture from somewhere else. Wasn't that The Master's handi work?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks